Sunday, November 19, 2006












The Wedding............ Celeste and John on 12 October 2006, at Daydream Island.











Chook with a cross "bite" . I've thought about taking her to work and adjusting the bite but she seems fine, and eats well, and is laying.......... I think. The chook establishment has recently grown. I was given 2 bantam chicks. One managed to get out of the cage after Scruffy strategically removed some of the gutter guard, and Poor Chickie jumped into the jaws of one of the dogs. Both Scruffy and Max were severely roused at. They didn't eat the chicken, just mouthed it, to prevent it escaping, and it died. I decided that the other would be lonely, so I purchased three more chicks, which are much younger but much larger than the original chick. All doing well, and dogs have the threat of death if they go anywhere near the chicken cage. Still on the "bird" note....... a few weeks ago, after a storm, a pink and grey galah stood at the gate wanting me to have a look at it. The dogs and cat did too, so they were all banished to the shed, while I picked up the bird. It was really bedraggled, and I wasn't sure if it was really young or really old because it really looked bad. The budgie cage came into play again, and in went the galah. what was noticable about it was that it had a really severe beak problem, with the lower beak projecting nearly an inch past the upper one. Not lateral like the chook above, but in line. I organised to take it to the Vet to have a beak reduction, but put it in a larger cage because it was having trouble scooping food up from the floor of the budgie cage. The rotten thing found a hole in the cage and escaped before I could get it to the vet. I haven't seen it again, but hope that it is managing ................







NOSE WARMERS.......... what everyone should have in winter. Felted from alpaca and embroidered. They fit the average nose. (and smell nice)

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marg

My, you have been busy. Check out www.innerwestchoir.com

Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home